Mayor of the village: Holger Pradella, phone: 06355/3320
Biedesheim, situated parallel to the upper course of the Brübelbach along an important medieval trade and escort road, the so-called "Hohe Straße", indicates early settlement through finds from the Roman period.
Biedesheim is a Franconian foundation, which is proven by found graves and donation documents of the monastery Lorch from 782 (Bosinesheim) and 791 (Bousinesheim). The village and castle appear around the middle of the 13th century as the domain of Count Emicho von Leiningen. In 1423 the "Veste zu Buedesheim", probably a moated castle, was mentioned which was destroyed in 1471.
The Lutheran church in Ottersheimer Straße is worth seeing. In 1498, the Romanesque church, which dates back to the 10th century, was renovated and dedicated to St. Andrew. The importance of the church in the Middle Ages is reflected in the rich frescoes that were found under 3 layers of plaster in 1964. These frescoes, made between the early 13th century and the early 15th century, show, among others, St. Andrew and St. James with the shell. A 10th century baptismal font in the center of the church shows that St. Andrew's Church was once a baptistery and missionary church for the whole area.
Today, Biedesheim has about 625 inhabitants and is predominantly agricultural. Sugar beets and cereals are cultivated on fertile soils. The village is situated at an altitude of 250-270 meters above sea level in an exposed hillside location, so that one has a wide view from Biedesheim and during walks through the district. A cozy cafe in the center of the village invites you to linger after a walk.
In the community center, which was inaugurated in 1998, there is room for up to 300 guests, depending on the seating arrangements. Biedesheim residents and visitors from outside celebrate their festivities in a cozy setting. Our biggest festival takes place every year on the 3rd weekend in September.