Election of jurors 2023
Are you interested in participating in the German judiciary? Then you might be interested in this - 2023 is the year of the Schöffen elections for the term of office from 2024 to 2028. We are looking for people to participate in the administration of justice in criminal cases at the Rockenhausen Local Court and the Kaiserslautern Regional Court as representatives of the people.
All citizens who live in the municipality, who are in possession of German citizenship and who are at least 25 years old and at most 69 years old at the beginning of the new term of office, January 01, 2024, may stand for election.
But what are actually the tasks of a lay assessor?
- Lay judges ask questions of litigants, assist in reaching a verdict, and participate in deliberations and voting.
- The function of a lay assessor is to be seen as a "mediating authority" between the judiciary and the population.
What requirements should one meet?
- Lay assessors should possess qualities such as impartiality, independence, good judgment, mental agility, physical aptitude, and a good grasp of and knowledge of human nature.
- Aldermen are expected to be aware of their rights and responsibilities given their responsibilities.
- A previous legal education is not necessary for the honorary office!
Further information on the honorary office of a lay assessor can be found at: www.schoeffenwahl.de.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Lincks by telephone on 06351/4909-14 or by e-mail at email@example.com .
You can find the application form for the 2023 election of lay judges here.